The existing knowledge and the production capabilities from ROBA are being expanded to deliver components and complete modules for the area of renewable energies. Especially pipe systems (spools), heat exchangers and energy storage systems, the new focus concentrates on the design and engineering of new products as well. Therefore ROBA supports proactive research groups.
To reach these aims, ROBA introduced Mr. Burkhard Behrendt who is a very experienced specialist in this field of business.
Business Unit Manager Renewable Energy, Dipl.-Ing. Burkhard Behrendt introduces himself
My name is Burkhard Behrendt. I am 57 years old and have been working as a development engineer for more than 20 years in the field of mechanical and plant engineering, including seven years in the field of solar process heat in the high temperature range.
During this time, I was able to build up very profound knowledge and contacts to develop facilities through numerous projects in the field of renewable energies.
I am now working to install this experience at ROBA to build up the Renewable Energies sector and to establish ROBA in this business field as a competent specialist and a reliable partner and supplier.
In the following I have put together some projects which I have carried out:
- Project management for the planning, construction, production as well as construction and test operation for a small test tower plant with a heliostat field. The project was successfully completed in cooperation with DLR (German Aerospace Center, Solar Research).
- Further intensive cooperation with DLR led to the design of a plant part at a solar tower in the course of a research project.
- Studies on the topic of heat storage and construction of a heat storage tank
- A feasibility study for an energy transport system with heat storage in a solar tower was developed.
- Conceptual design of a vertical wind turbine in the form of a Darrieus Rotor to provide electrical energy. Designed for decentralized energy supply on industrial halls for on-roof mounting.
I am looking forward to many new contacts and interesting projects with you!
Dipl.-Ing. Burkhard Behrendt
Business Unit Manager Renewable Energy